About the Chamber
About the Chamber
At Your Service
The Cañon City Chamber of Commerce has served the city's business community since its founding in 1888. Over the past 120+ years, the Chamber of Commerce has grown into an active and progressive organization, serving area businesses and the community.
Our mission is to help our members and the community to prosper. As our Mission Statement states:
The Chamber provides effective leadership and opportunities for the benefit of our members and our community, and promotes the Greater Cañon City area as an outstanding place to live, work, play and conduct business.
The Cañon City Chamber of Commerce provides a first point of contact for individuals, businesses, and visitors interested in our community through numerous services and free information packets covering relocation and visitor planning.
Why should you join the Canon City Chamber of Commerce?
Research points out that consumers are more likely to do business with a company if it’s a member of their local Chamber of Commerce.
Membership brings credibility to your business by:
- Increasing your visibility in the community.
- Creating networking opportunities.
- Giving you a voice in government.
- Helping you make business contacts.
- Providing you with important monthly newsletters.
- Giving you the opportunity to acquire customer referrals.
- Allowing you the opportunity to attend Chamber events and programs.
- Giving you the ability to promote and publicize your business.
- Giving you access to members-only discounts and services.
There are so many more benefits to being a Chamber member. Let us show you how membership to the Cañon City Chamber of Commerce would benefit your business, check out our membership packet below.
- 2021 Program of Work
- Membership Application
- Membership Benefits
- Chamber Classifications & Dues
- Ribbon Cuttings & Business after Hours Contacts
The Chamber is governed by a board of volunteers, serving varying terms. In addition, our board members head the committees. These committees are important to our businesses and our community. They are:
President- Cooper Trahern
- Internal Development - Sharanne Rothenbucher
- Finance - Becki Logsdon
- Prospectors – Steve Kaverman
- Fundraising & Community Events - Carla Braddy
- Marketing Committee
- Tourism Development – Mike Bandera & Tim Dennehy
- Legislative Affairs – Randy Smith
- Additional Board Members - Karl Wurzbach & Sheri Trahern
Member participation in these committees is encouraged. Membership participation in the Chamber is key to the success of the Chamber and its members. If you'd like to volunteer for a committee, contact any of the committee chairs above.
The Canon City Chamber of Commerce offers you the opportunity to build relationships, promote your business, learn by staying up to date on our ever changing business environment, support your community, and so much more.
We believe in Canon City and its businesses.