- "Flytrap" feature - between the 4th Street viaduct and the Centennial Park walking bridge. This wave is prime at around 1,500cfs, but definitely accessible from 800-3,000cfs. Beginners may want to try this at lower flows first!!
- "Nessman" feature - downstream (east) between the 4th Street viaduct and Black Bridge. Flows are great here at around 2,500cfs.
- Both whitewater features have washouts downstream.
- Upstream from the Centennial Park walking bridge is a wading area - at lower flows only - that is silting in naturally to create a sandy beach.
- Park and Play area with plenty of both! See the map for details...
- Annual Royal Gorge Whitewater Festival
The City of Cañon City has also made improvements to the south river bank west of the play park. See the before and after photos...